A ‘Scarred’ Funeral Director Opens Up About The Toys She’ll Never Allow Her kids to play, and now she Revealing TikTok it is go viral.
undertaker and mother @lovee.miss.lauren garnered more than 5.7 million views, 722,000 likes, and 10,000 comments when she uploaded the timely PSA to her account.
Now, like the Tik Tok that went viral for revealing what can happen when sleep with your bedroom door closedLauren’s video is sending chills to parents around the world.
“I practically grew up on a funeral homeand as many funeral directors will say, child deaths are the most difficult we have ever had to deal with,” Lauren explained.
“When you become a father, you realize that you are more protective of your children, because you know what can happen in the blink of an eye.”
In its Tik Tok – and a rapid increase Follow-up video — Lauren lists the following toys as prohibited in her home:
anything with a string
toys with magnets
The American Academy of Pediatrics backs up Lauren’s warnings. According to her website, water absorbing gel beads They can grow up to 200 times their size when they encounter water, resulting in dangerous clogs that may not be detected by X-ray if swallowed or placed in the ears.
toys with loose string, rope, ribbons or cord —especially when strings are longer than 12 inches, such as tug toys or jump ropes—can present dangerous strangulation hazards to children.
teething necklaces, which can cause choking or strangulation, should never be used by children. Instead, parents should massage their child’s gums or give them a hard rubber dentition. rings they are not frozen.
Button batteries — found in items such as music cards, toys, remote controls, thermometers, headphones, calculators, bathroom scales, key chains, cameras, and Christmas decorations — can cause serious injury or death if swallowed.
Trampoline The AAP has long advised against their use, as serious injuries can occur even when pads and enclosures are attached.
magnetsif swallowed, it can trap tissue between them, causing potentially fatal injuries.
fidget spinnersWhether made of plastic or metal, they often contain small parts and/or batteries that can be a choking hazard.
hammocksWhether it is for small children or for toys, it can wrap around the neck of the little ones and cause strangulation.
Lauren isn’t the only TikToker pleading with parents to remove dangerous toys from their homes. Reese’s Purpose It hit the internet in 2020 Warn Parents About Fatal Button BatteriesY That lady of water beads has been working hard since 2017 to educate families about the dangers of water drops.
‘I can’t imagine what you’ve seen’
Thousands of TikTokers responded to Lauren’s PSAs and shared their own terrifying experiences.
“I am an ER nurse and I have the saddest story of the button cell battery. People need to keep them away from children and pets! Very sad,” wrote one user.
“Answering 911 calls all day has done the same thing to me! So many things can hurt little ones!” said another.
“As a former hospital chaplain… YUP,” one user agreed.
“I can see how all of these are valid. I can’t imagine what you’ve seen 🥺”, empathized a user.
“This video can save so many lives. Thanks for making us aware of this. you drink❤️🩹”, another user wrote.
Parents wondering if their children’s toys are safe, or looking to research possible Christmas gifts this holiday season, can check out the Consumer Product Safety Commission website or healthychildren.org.
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
The charge Funeral Mom Reveals The Toys She’ll Never Let Her Kids Have: ‘Call Me The Grinch’ first appeared in in the know.
More from In The Know:
Shocking TikTok Reveals What Can Happen When You Sleep With Your Bedroom Door Closed: ‘New Fear Unlocked’
Mom urges parents to check house for potentially deadly button cell batteries: ‘Let’s save our babies’
Top 10 Steals and Deals from The North Face Black Friday Sale
Kendra Scott’s Black Friday Sale Brands Necklaces, Rings, Earrings & More 30% Off
Leave a Comment